Thinking at the Beach

Safe HarborI find myself sitting at the beach once again.  In Oregon that usually means through on a rain jacket instead of a swimming suit, lighting a fire in the fire place, rather than a beach fire, and snuggling up with a book instead of tanning under the sun.  Interestingly, I find that I enjoy the typical Oregon beach trip more than I did the beach in California.  In Oregon I find myself slowing down and thinking about life.  I check in with myself regarding how I am doing, how I am feeling, where I am at.  Sometimes I like the answers, other times it is a starting point, a place to leap off from, a change in direction.  I continue to ask the question am I doing what I am uniquely designed to do?  The question assumes that we were uniquely designed to do something, and that we know what that thing we were designed to do is.  I find the second have of that DSC_0016assumption to be difficult.  How do I know what I was designed for.?  Is there a manual on Rick Samuelson?  Is there a Yellow Brick Road I should be following.  My guess is that if I am doing what I was designed for, I will be enjoying it, I will be energized by doing it, I will find myself wanting to get back to it when I am not doing it.  I am not sure if doing what I designed for always has to be my job.  It could be my hobby, or what I invest the majority of my time and thought to.  Bonus if it is your job and you are being paid to live out your purpose.  As I look out the window and see the wind blow and the rain fall, I know I have not answered the question what am I designed for, but it is what I will endeavor to discover, for in that answer is the key to my next steps in life and the unfolding of the direction I will head in.  I am passionate about being fully who I am suppose to be.  I just hope I will like the answer.  I love Oregon beach days and the chance to contemplate.  May you find your beach as well.  Until you do enjoy a few of my recent beach pictures. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment