Morning at the Beach- and a few pictures

Kiwanda July2010_031Coffee pot creating an awesome aroma across the  room, water running in the bathroom as teeth get brushed, groggy hoarse voices complaining about the noiKiwanda July2010_081se waking them up, the kite flyers heading to the beach, and the runners planning which direction to head out.  These are the sounds of morning.  As I woke up this morning the fog was thick outside Kiwanda July2010_093the window, seagulls were flying  somewhere near by, and a cool breeze was coming through the window. As a smile slowly crossed my face I found myself thinking, I’m not in Portland.  I’m not very far from Portland, maybe only 90 miles or so, still within cell phone Kiwanda July2010_095range, but I might as well be on another continent. I am away, I am on vacation, I am not doing the Kiwanda July2010_043normal routine.  I will not be mowing the lawn today, or cleaning the bathroom, or going grocery shopping.  I will be lazy, maybe go take a few pictures, probably drink a beer or two or ……., and definitely laugh, smile and enjoy.  This is Kiwanda July2010_061the beach. And the first thought crossing my mind is why am I spending time on this computer blogging/ Good question, enjoy your day.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment