Me and My Blackberry

Every so often I get an email or Facebook message asking me to share how my Blackberry has made my life better or easier.  Sometimes a friend asks.  I usually talk about how I am able to stay connected to friends and family where ever I am.  I talk about being more productive at work as I can respond to email and calls at all times.  After I give these standard answers I always walk away thinking, “Do I really want to get emails and phone calls 24/7?  Is my life better because I can immediately get my Tweets or Facebook updates.”  Yes I enjoy going online to find out what movies are playing nearby.  Every once in a while I check to see which gas station nearby has the cheapest gas.  Its always nice to call and ask if we need more milk or eggs. But, my life really has not been enriched by my Blackberry until……….

Last Tuesday I found myself in an awkward situation.  Nat feeling well I rushed upstairs to the bathroom to take my place on the Royal Porcelain Throne.  Picking up a book I passed the time until I finished my chore.  Upon completion I went to grab some toilet paper and to my horror found none available. I’ll admit I panicked a little.  My mind immediately started thinking of solutions to my problem, none of which I felt like trying.  Stuck I looked over and spied my Blackberry.  I immediately broadcast an SOS message to those downstairs requesting that a roll of emergency TP be thrown into the room.  I waited unsure if anyone had received my text for help.  As the minutes passed I found myself becoming more and more desperate.  I considered dialing for help but knew that my kids respond more quickly to an SMS than having to open their mouths and talk.  As I pondered my next move, the bathroom door cracked open and in rolled a roll of TP.  At that moment I knew that I could never be without my Blackberry. Not because of its GPS capability, or its Push technology.  I need my Blackberry to spare me from those most embarrassing situations in life. I will never leave home without my BB, ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment