A Day Away (pictures from the Oregon Coast)

 

Coast Trip_041  Every one in a while I have a day where I need to get away.  Away from work, away from home, away, away, away.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Over the last few weeks there has been a number of things that have come my way.  Issues regarding budgets and labor, Coast Trip_017quality, etc…. Issues at home regarding kids and marriage.  My feeling taken advantage of or that I don’t do things right, wondering what life should really look and feel like at 47 years old.  SCoast Trip_010ome times getting away is the only thing that helps put things straight, or at least makes things a little clearer.

Coast Trip_013The place to escape is my car.  The windows go down, the music goes on, and the wheels start carrying me away.  Sometimes they take me fast, sometimes far and yesterday they took me to the coast.  So as I drove I would stop, take a few pictures then drive Coast Trip_050some more.  I would eat at favorite stops along the way.  I climbed sand dunes, I waited for trains, I found a bird house maker, and Coast Trip_067I watched the sunset.  And in between, while I drove, I would think and let my mind slowly try to see things in a slightly different way, much like the pictures I am trying to take.  I didn’t solve anything, marriage isn’t easier, kids aren’t better behaved, and my job didn’t get fixed miraculously.  But I feel a little better after getting away, and have a few cool pictures to show for it.  So maybe you can get away by looking at the pictures. Enjoy, I sure did.

Coast Trip_156 Coast Trip_187

Coast Trip_165 Coast Trip_209

0 comments:

Post a Comment