Looking at Life

So a few months back I got a new toy, a Nikon Camera.  In College I took photography and was an accidental Art Minor, meaning I took so many art classes I minored in it with out realizing it.  Ceramics, Art History, and a number of other classes.  Ceramics and Photography were my favorites.  Because I don’t have room for a kiln in my backyard, I opted to explore my creative side once again with a camera.  Since then I have been having fun with exploring color, lighting, depth of field.  Taking pictures of the everyday but from a new or different perspective.  It is interesting to me to try and make the ever day interesting again.  Of course there is the ocean and sunsets and subjects that are always interesting to me, but all around us are things that scream to be looked at.  I have decided to post a few of my pictures here from time to time, as they are a reflection of my journey, of a look deeper inward  As I let myself see things again, I somehow am seeing myself more clearly again. Yes, I have even taken a picture of an occasional flower or two, weird I know.  So stay tuned as I try to get better and better at capturing life around me as it happens.  Here are a few recent pictures.

CookPark 2-14-10_061Emptiness

Download 2-21-10_015_01  Contemplation

Rockaway 5-2065 Son Burn (my son)

Birdhouse_007 Backyard Birdhouse

Rockaway 5-2070 Begging to be Sat in

Hope you find them worth looking at.

0 comments:

Post a Comment