The Heating of the Hot Tub

I’m smiling again.  Sometimes its the simplest things that do that to me.  Today it is the fact that my hot tub is slowly heating up, getting ready for me to once again dip my toes in, do my “Ouch,ouch. ouch, ouch, its hoooooooootttttttttttt, sit down quick and try to breath, ritual.  I’ve been known to get up when I can’t sleep and sneak in at 3 or 4 in the morning.  I also have gotten up for a quick soak before getting ready for work.  I have been known to answer email on my blackberry, have a deep, intense discussion, or take a little nap, while relaxing in the warmth of my outdoor tub.

From my hot tub life takes on a slightly less stressful look.  It is a place of solitude in my backyard.  I watch birds, listen to music, and make plans for the future while sliding around and enjoying the bubbles.  I often drift back in time to hot tubs in Turtle Rock, Deerfield, the Colony and Northwoods.  Sneaking in and sneaking out made it that much more fun.  I taught a few of my kids to swim in my folks hot tub in Seattle.  Darla and I have talked through hard decisions while sitting in the dark out back and determined plans for the future while heating up to 102 degrees.

I religiously put in the chemicals so my sanctuary is ready for its patrons to come, sit, and partake.  As I get more and more excited my kids are returning from work.  Each one is asking when we will be able to slip on our suits and sink below the surface of the water.  Once again, the family will join together, not around a meal or an event, but around a giant tub that sits in the ground.  It is the simple things that the Sam Fam enjoys, and tonight you will find us in that favorite spot in our backyard.

0 comments:

Post a Comment