Wasting Time at the Airport




Walking out to my gate I glanced at the big TV monitors. There it was, Portland - Frontier Airlines - Delayed. And, just like that I realize another hour of my life is gone. It is an hour I will not be able to get back. I can try to make the most of it, but what difference will it make. It is an hour that should have been getting me home, that has gotten away from me. So all I can do is head towards Mesa Verde Bar and Grill in the Denver Airport to grab dinner and a few beers. It could be worse, but I also could be on my way home.

As I sit in the bar I find myself contemplating my situation. It occurs to me that I waste hours all the time. I sleep in, I veg in front of the TV, I get stuck on the internet, I do nothing. I constantly am losing time. Time has a way of getting away from me. Some times I chose to waste time, sometimes I give it away, and some times it is taken away from me, as it is at this moment. All of this makes me wonder what is the value of time. Should I look at it as a valuable resource, one that is limited? Can I do anything to increase time, can I give any of it away, or borrow any form others? I remember bing told as a kid to make wise use of my time. Have I? While the Rolling Stone's sing "Time is on my side," I have to ask if it really is.

Well, I have spent enough time on thinking about time, to pass the time and now need to head towards the gate for loading. Such is time.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment